Carpenters perform some or all of the following duties:
- Study plans, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate material requirements;
- Preparing the traces, using measuring tools, taking into account the requirements of the building codes;
- Measure, cut, shape and assemble wood, chipboard, light steel or other materials;
- Installing foundations, installing floor beams, installing the flooring support, assembling pre-assembled roof and structural elements;
- Adjust and install joinery items such as doors, stairs, moldings and hardware;
- Maintaining, repairing and renovating homes and wood constructions in factories, mines, hospitals, industrial facilities and other establishments;
- Supervise the work of apprentices and other construction workers;
- Prepare, if necessary, estimates for customers.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- The experience provides access to supervisory positions.
- The Red Seal allows for interprovincial mobility.